Saturday, February 21, 2009

A post for Grandpa!

I really love the freedom of this blog - I can post all the silly snapshot pictures I take without the pressure of feeling like they need to be "perfect" for my professional image. Hopefully it shows that there is beauty and fun in EVERY picture - especially if you know the story behind the image.

So, for this one, the family will get a laugh out of this I'm sure. I admit, I am known as the woman who doesn't know where the vacuum cleaner is - or maybe I know where it is, but I choose not to use it. Anyway, Grandpa thought it would be nice to get me a "SHARK" (as seen below) for Christmas - since there are always lots of crumbs to pick up under the table and this cool gadget is battery charged and works like a charm. So, is it a bad thing if I teach my 3 year old how to use it instead???? :) Just kidding - she actually WANTED to do it when she saw it being used. So, in this case maybe she won't grow up to be like me......





And, for some more comparisons, a picture of Kylie in her crib......



And a picture of Jake in his crib around the same age. Funny crib story for you....

As you can see, there is lots of stuff in the crib with both of them, things that are taboo for babies (stuffed toys, blankets, etc). Well, we also had the video camera (for the monitor) resting on the giant green frog in Kylie's crib when she was a baby. One day I said to Jeff, "we need to figure out where we are going to put the camera for the monitor - like maybe on the wall or on the shelf or something?" To which his reply was "Why can't we just leave it where it is?" The epitomy of a parent who has know idea what is going to happen when his child starts MOVING! I think Jeff's camera question can be ranked right up there with his recent question when I was close to my due date with Jake and having some contractions: "Do you FEEL like you're dilated?" Oh man- is that good for a laugh or what??



And lastly, just a picture of Jake in between eating, crying and sleeping. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment