Saturday, February 21, 2009

The MEGA BLOCKS !

I will take all the credit for this one. About 18 months ago, I ventured across the street after work to the SuperTarget looking for a new toy to bring home to Kylie. I was excited to see the look on her face when Daddy arrived home with a 'present' for Kylie - don't worry, this would far from become a habit in our family since daddy does the finances and is continually perplexed by the piece of our 'pie' that goes to Target, already. (diapers and toilet paper are expensive!!)

Strolling through the toy ailse - completely out of my element - I'm searching for the perfect new toy - many are too old, some are too young ... then I see it, an end-cap full of Mega-Blocks on SALE!! that's it! Not quite the lincoln logs I remember but should do the trick. Endless permutations and combinations of things to build.

I recall a week-long tradition last summer when Kylie and I would build "the little boy" every morning before eating breakfast - it was so cute and something special between the two of us. (i will find the pic of the little boy and post it here later in the week). Recently we've been building the "big bad wolf" (must be reading the 3 little pigs at school :)
... and purely by accident, she conjured up a "jungle gym" concept and used the single blocks to represent little girls and boys jumping and playing inside. Ahhh, Daddy's little girl. Let this be a lesson, buy toys that allow construction, de-construction, drawing, morphing, sculpting, etc. -- they stand the test of time and won't be forgotten about in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment