Friday, February 6, 2009

All by my lonesome...

.... with two sleeping children. I guess I shouldn't complain - it's the ideal scenario. But, I did almost throw a tantrum myself when Jeff said "c'mon mom let's go" as soon as Kylie went down for her nap. The assumption of course is that I need to stay here with the baby anyway right? You start to go a little stir crazy after a while. I've been showering and "getting ready" every day - although I'm not sure what I'm getting ready for.....

So, I decided to get back to my evil ways of taking pictures of Kylie while she's sleeping. The story behind this pic is quite funny actually. A few nights ago Kylie got out of her bed and got this basket that was in her room and put it in her bed with her. Then she started stuffing her animals & babies into it. It seemed quite strange to us until we put two and two together..... Jake sleeps in a moses basket. So, this is the scene in her bed each day now - I don't know how there is any room for her to sleep - but she manages it.



This one says it all! The sweet but mischievious smile, the proud big sister shirt - but underneath it all - the VILLAIN! We can't figure out how much of it is just her age and how much is actually some kind of jealousy or rage - but she has been VERY difficult lately. She does everything to push our buttons - over and over again. Each task is a battle, and she asks to go to time-out just to annoy us more. Then, as if to make sure we still love her, she wakes up in a glorious mood this morning with hugs and kisses for all. Ahhhhh, can you say "Sybil"????? For those of you who haven't heard of Sybil (like my husband) - just google it!



And I must be delirious for posting this. But, since I plan to print this all out in a nice book someday - might as well have the real stuff in there. Me and baby Jake. Not quite as beautiful as the portraits I've been taking with Daddy and Jake - but hey - I showered! :)


My final note is one of admiration - for all those women out there with one, two, three or even more children. It takes a lot of strength, endurance, patience and, ummm, wine??? Any advice is welcome! :)

**** UPDATE **** Jeff just came home with a pint of hand-packed Jamoca Almond Fudge ice cream from Baskin Robbins. My all-time-favorite!! All is well with the world......

No comments:

Post a Comment