Sunday, July 12, 2009

Action packed weekend ...

Daddy's back !!! ... back in the blog world that is :) First, a picture of my daughter with her toolkit fixing several things in the house ... I just started pointing at stuff and she complied. Her response after fixing moms chair, the baby swing, kitchen table, was - "Dad, whas else you need fixed now?" I hope she marry's a man like her daddy - but if she doesn't, she can hang her own darn curtain rods!!

Mom got sick on Thursday or Friday but was feeling a litte better on Saturday - so she made an awesome picinic lunch with little sandwiches with toothpicks (like fancy nancy!), apples and caramel, crackers and chips too!! Sorry no pic of the picnic - but our blanket is off to the right of this picture about 30 feet. Kylie was "drivin' the train ... come on guys, All Abooooarrrrd!"

Jake and I chillin' on the slide ... i really need to retire those sunglasses.

And finally after a brief stint at the pool and some runs down the waterslide we headed out to a gourmet dinner at Chipotle (yum!)... on the way home, I called Nana to tell her about the picture that Kylie drew for her at dinner ... and then it happened - my brain flashed forward 12 years -- here you see Kylie at 3 yrs old, holding an iPhone and having a conversation with my mother ... growing up in 'generation text' - I'm bracing for how technology will shape our children's path through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment