Friday, May 1, 2009

teaching mommy a lesson

So, Jake has been a little testy the last couple days.  Yesterday he had a hard time napping and he seemed gassy (maybe it was the broccoli??) and last night he cried (screamed actually) for the first time in a week when I put him down for bed.  Jeff and I tried to distract ourselves by cleaning the kitchen while Jake screamed for what seemed like FOREVER (only 8 minutes) and then fell asleep until 7:30am.  I keep telling myself, "he needs to sleep, he's okay, he needs to sleep" - but today it didn't work.  Jake is starting to fight sleep and he's having a hard time napping in his swing or car seat so I put him in his crib this morning.  But, even I couldn't hold out after ten minutes of blood curdling screams.  When I picked him up he was so upset, sweaty, and red faced, I was convinced he had the swine flu -- or at the very least, the stomach flu.  No joke, the thought crossed my mind.  I mean, why was my sweet little boy crying so hysterically? There MUST be something wrong -- right?  Wrong.  After changing his diaper and doing a quick nursing session, he fell fast asleep in my arms and is now quietly sleeping on my bed.  I guess Jake was trying to teach me a lesson - COME WHEN I CALL YOU!!  :)

The second-guessing of motherhood never ends does it?  

1 comment:

  1. *sigh* No. NEVER.

    Those boys are sure sweet, aren't they??

    ReplyDelete