Monday, March 9, 2009

The "Jakester" (as nana calls him)

** Forgot to post this last night - must have just hit save **

This is the little man that has changed my world.  He doesn't say much, he doesn't smile much, he doesn't do much - but boy does he make an impact!  

Six weeks old today.  It's amazing how fast the time has flown - and yet - how slow it seems to be moving.  Jake is quite the sleepy guy,  mostly waking up only to eat.  He has just started to make some interesting sounds and it's obvious he's trying to "coo" but it comes out more like a growl and then a squeal.  I've seen the slightest hint of a smile several times - but not the full- faced grin yet.  He is wearing 3-6 month clothes already - thank goodness I pulled down some of the bins from the closet.  He might grow out of this size before he even wears all of the hand-me-downs I got!

This was my first official night alone with the kids.  Jake slept while I put Kylie to bed and all was peaceful.  Of course, the evening will bring the 3 hour feedings and possibly another night-waking (or two) for Kylie - but who knows.......   I'll probably look back on this time someday and think "what was the big deal?" - they're just kids right?  How is it that these small packages can wreak such havoc on an adult's mental well-being?  And how is it that in a few years we forget the torment and it seems like just a brief stage that really wasn't that difficult anyway? Ahhh - fun times!  

Here is a picture of the Jakester.  This is the face I see most of the time.  He's a thinker for sure. And I really do love him - my sweet baby boy.     



A big shout out to the LIZARD for having the James Gang over for dinner tonight.  Danny was Kylie's hero - he "saved her" when she was stuck in the playhouse and she put him "night-night".  Of course, in between these sweet moments there was some pushing, pulling and screaming, but they had a blast.  And so did I.  THANKS! 

1 comment:

  1. Look at that sweet face - of course he's a cutie! And as much as you love him now, it's going to grow exponentially, so hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete