Monday, August 24, 2009

Milestones - the KBear

I have wanted to write a post about Kylie for a while now, but time definitely gets away from me. She is becoming such a young lady, with her own style and her own opinions (strong ones). I am amazed at how far she's come with her vocabulary and communication skills in just a few months. Although she has been a bit difficult lately (total melt down because she wanted syrup NEXT TO her waffle NOT ON TOP OF IT), I really enjoy spending time with her - especially one-on-one, which is rare. It's funny to think that Jeff and I used to "pawn off" Kylie on the other in order to get things done - and now we both would rather take the K-Bear to run errands because she's fun, well behaved (usually) and we don't have to carry her!! :)

Kylie's most-often-used phrase is "Can you come play with me?". I must hear this at least 10-20 times a day. After I play with her for a while and then continue doing other stuff, the phrase turns into: "Can you come play with me because you didn't play with me for a long time?" If only I could insert the exact inflection - so cute!

Here she is "working" in Mommy's chair.
Around the time when Jake was born, Kylie started a most annoying habit of waking up (no, that's not the annoying part) and screaming "MOMMY - IT'S MORNING TIME" from her room. She would never leave her bed - but continue screaming until you came. Let me remind you that mommy was severely sleep deprived for many months and would do ANYTHING to not wake the sleeping Jake. How fast can I get to her room from a dead sleep in my bed??? PRETTY DARN FAST! Gradually Kylie started coming out of her bed after her naps, and then she started doing the same in the morning. For a while she would come into our room and lay on the floor (like the picture below) until Mommy and Daddy woke up (which, of course, was whenever Jake woke up). Now she will usually get dressed by herself and bring her doll (Cinderella) in our room to play next to the bed for 5-10 minutes before officially asking Mommy "Is it morning time yet?".
Kylie loves to draw on her easel (from Nana) and she recently started drawing people (and monsters) but they all look the same usually. A face with legs. This is a picture of Kylie.
This was a great family portrait. Daddy is the biggest AND he got a body (and a hat by request), Mommy is green, Kylie is pink and Jake is just a head (appropriate I guess). When I asked what the band across Daddy's waist was (assuming a belt??), Kylie said quite simply, "It's his pee-pee." OMG - HYSTERICAL!!! Today she told me it was a belt. Not as funny.
Kylie's biggest milestone of the summer has been learning to swim. She took 6 lessons with Miss Michelle and swims like a fish without swimmies or a float. We had our first trip with the Richardson's out to Lake Lanier and Kylie was a bit skeptical - but ended up loving it!
The romance continues - Kylie & Kyle.
We also got the priveledge of visiting the Pryor's lake house for a couple days last week. Kylie calls Olivia and Zach her "special friends" and she refers to the Lake House as "her other home". We had an awesome time on the boat, swimming with the fish, feeding the ducks and playing on the beautiful island paradise (below).

I can't believe summer is almost over but I'm excited for school to start. We did the meet and greet for Kylie's Colt Class today and her new teachers seem REALLY nice. Tonight at bedtime she said her favorite part of the day was going to school. Let's hope that is long term trend!

No comments:

Post a Comment