Friday, October 9, 2009

my little man

Catching up on some milestones for the Jakester....

When we left Litchfield Beach he was just beginning to crawl - and now there is no stopping him. Although, he does use a mix of crawling, bear walking and the one-foot-one-knee maneuver, he is still able to get just about anywhere he desires. And boy does he desire to get around!

Here's our first glamour shot - ha! We just had our family portraits done by another photographer and she emailed this one to me. :) It looks sweet, but actually he was jumping off my lap onto my face - knocking me over!
Mommy just got a new camera, so I took these next couple pictures RIGHT when I got it out of the box. LOVE IT - and love him! He really is such a happy baby.
You can see his two bottom teeth here, but he also has two top teeth AND he just cut one more tooth on the top.
Awwwww, love this face.
I have been struggling with the food thing. Jake is starting to shun the baby food (which is quick and easy for me) so now I have to start finding things for him to munch on for himself. Here's his first teething cracker (thanks to Vicki for finding them). He still doesn't fancy bananas, but loves applesauce & puffs. You should have seen his face when I tried Cottage Cheese!
His most recent favorite toy - the ball popper. He goes bezerk (is that right) whenever someone turns it on. He's just mastering this skill - the knee stand.

I don't have a picture of it, but he also recently learned to clap and he loves to say ma-ma-ma-ma and ba-ba-ba-ba and da-da-da-da. If only I could get him to cuddle with me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment