Wednesday, September 9, 2009

ahhhhh, gotta love school.....

And the great thing is, Kylie loves school too! :) We started back on Tuesday and it's a good thing for all of us!

The last few weeks have been tough, being tied to Jake's schedule, no school for Kylie and quite a bit of rain - we were house bound more than I would have liked. But, some of us coped by napping......
Imagine my surprise when I came upstairs to join Jeff for a nap while the kids were sleeping, and I found Kylie napping on her chair in our room. I snuck in for a quick picture (no flash, hence the dark, blurry image). Even after she saw me, she just rolled over on the chair and kept on snoozing!
When Jake woke up, we brought him in our room and Kylie cuddled up with him and Cinderella (her other baby).
We've had several "firsts" in the last few weeks. Jake had his first bath with Kylie (he LOVED it), he also had his first Gerber PUFF (he LOVED that too), AND he is doing his first crawling motions - unbelieveable! Nana has been here to witness everything this week and all she can say is "He's such a happy guy!". Yep, that's my Jake, not much of a cuddler, but very happy indeed.
Speaking of Nana, Kylie was so happy she came for a visit. As soon as Kylie woke up from her nap Kylie promptly went into Nana's room and sat next to her on the bed and did some light reading while she waited for Nana to wake up. Yes, a Sandra Brown novel. Book Club (aka the Mableton Literary & Gluten-Free Snack Society) here she comes! Ha!
And some Daddy Love. The playdoh nose was, of course, his idea.

1 comment:

  1. I just love the one in bed with NANA, reading waiting for her to wake up. Kylie, it reminds me of my childhood just waiting for mom to stop snoring and wake up!!! Next time tickle her ear and wisper in her ear to wake up.

    ReplyDelete