Saturday, June 13, 2009

No Pictures

I apologize in advance for the lack of pictures in this post.  I just wanted to mention (out loud) how grateful I am for my husband.  I know my friends will be thinking - "WHAT?  He's out of town on a BIKE TRIP???"   All the more reason to be thankful for him - right?  I went to a Birthday Party for Emily Elko this afternoon and we definitely over-stayed our welcome!  They had to go to the store and buy hamburgers, hot dogs and WINE for all the guests that stayed into the dinner hour! :)  And that is why I'm also grateful for our neighborhood - full of AWESOME people!  Even though I'm sans husband this weekend - I never feel alone.  And after having both kids for the afternoon and putting them both to bed, I can easily contemplate the life of a single mother (that which my mother was) and I proclaim my appreciation for my husband.  I can't wait for him to get home.  I miss him.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Ahh, the sweetness of the drunken post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, you are so hilarious. I can picture this. Wobbling up the hill with both kids and trying to read books with Kylie. I hope you pumped and dumped for Jake!! LOL

    It is a difficult task, and you are doing a great job! You deserved all that wine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously - I didn't know I was drunk until 1am when I felt like crap from eating a cheeseburger, stromboli, and chocolate chip cookies - while watching Desperate Housewives! :)

    ReplyDelete