Saturday, January 31, 2009

mommy's turn to post

Daddy and Kylie just left for a morning out and instead of sleeping - I'm BLOGGING! What does that say about Mommy??? Hmmmm, she's crazy maybe?

I find my self reflecting on everything this time around - and how different it has been than my experience with Kylie being born. With her I had 24 hours of labor, 3 hours of pushing, an epidural than didn't work, a C-Section - then depression, the stomach flu and a complete life change from being a career woman to stay-at-home mom. This time around has been so different - although still a C-section - I feel like I am so much more present in the moment and able to enjoy this super amazing time in my life.

We haven't really gotten to know much about Jake yet - since we NEVER see him awake. I'm not complaining, but again, it's so different from Kylie who was awake from BIRTH! :) He sleeps ALL the time, even at night and we just wake him up to feed him before he drifts back into his dream world again. I am experiencing all of the "after C-Secion/birth" things - pain, sore boobies, constipation, fatigue --- I know TMI right??? BUT - this time around I'm truly happy with my life, my husband, my beautiful family and the journey ahead. I'm scared too - but I'm blocking that out with the pain killers....

Jeff and I have laughed many times, wondering what was so "HARD" the first time around with Kylie (since Jake just sleeps) but I do remember the first couple weeks, being up with a crying baby most of the night and having to rock and coax her back to sleep, etc. Plus, we were first-time parents - not even well versed in changing diapers, let alone being totally responsible for a baby. Daddy has been amazing this time. He has supported me during some VERY DIFFICULT nights (I won't get into the details) and he's taking on the K-Bear full force every day. I love him so much and I'm really proud of the father and husband that he has become over the last few years.

Kylie has been so sweet with her baby brother. She kisses him and strokes his head and tells him "it's okay" when he's crying. She gets him cookies and blankets and wants to share everything with him. Today when they were leaving, she gave him a kiss and said "Bye-Bye baby Jake, I love you". Now, I'm not so hopped up on the pain killers to assume that my 3 year old will stay like this forever - but for now I'm happy to live in this super-sweet world of a loving toddler..... :) Trust me, she's taking out her jealousy issues in other ways (mostly on Daddy).

But, enough droning on, I hear Jake squeaking - which can only mean one thing.....

So, here are some comparison pictures to entertain you. Don't expect professional fancy stuff on this blog either! It's so fun to look back and compare. Do they look alike or not - you be the judge!

Kylie at birth


Jake at birth


Kylie at one day old


Jake at one day old


Kylie going home


Jake going home


The new James Gang - family of four!

1 comment: